Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Talk to the authors of "Changing Churches"

  • Mary Becker
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
      Dear Fr. John,

      Don't see the attached flyer. Please try again!

      btw, great wedding pics:) Congratulations!

      Paul +
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
        The flyer Fr. John posted can be viewed here:

        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11204382/Mattox%20%20Roeber-%20March%208%202012.pdf

        It's for an event at Marquette University in Milwaukee on March 8 from
        3:30-5:00 at Straz Hall featuring the authors of *Changing
        Churches*(Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012). "Co-authors Mattox and
        Roeber provide a
        theological account of their similar yet different decisions to leave the
        Lutheran Faith Tradition: one for Orthodoxy, the other Catholicism."

        A. G. Roeber is Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State
        University and Mickey L. Mattox is Associate Professor of Theology at
        Marquette University.

        Christopher

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
          Milwaukee! Hmmm...that doesn't work well for those of us in Dixie. Father
          Fenton...can you ask if they plan to do an audio recording or tape or
          simulcast on the 'net? While I have the book on order, it would be great
          to hear the authors speak. Thanks-----R

          On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Christopher Orr <xcjorr@...> wrote:

          > The flyer Fr. John posted can be viewed here:
          >
          > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11204382/Mattox%20%20Roeber-%20March%208%202012.pdf
          >
          > It's for an event at Marquette University in Milwaukee on March 8 from
          > 3:30-5:00 at Straz Hall featuring the authors of *Changing
          > Churches*(Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012). "Co-authors Mattox and
          > Roeber provide a
          > theological account of their similar yet different decisions to leave the
          > Lutheran Faith Tradition: one for Orthodoxy, the other Catholicism."
          >
          > A. G. Roeber is Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State
          > University and Mickey L. Mattox is Associate Professor of Theology at
          > Marquette University.
          >
          > Christopher
          >

          > On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Mary Becker <beckerpm657@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Dear Fr. John,
          > >
          > > Don't see the attached flyer. Please try again!
          > >
          > > btw, great wedding pics:) Congratulations!
          > >
          > > Paul +

        • Fr John W Fenton
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
            Thanks, Rdr Christopher, for making this flyer available.

            Rosemarie, I will ask Dn Gregory about audio or visual recordings.

            Fr John W Fenton

            Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church

            LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146

            MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101

            313.282.6153

            frfenton@...