Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Talk to the authors of "Changing Churches"

  • Rebecca Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 21, 2012
      Dear Father,

      It might just be my computer, but the attached flyer did not come through to my address in the group mailing.

      As an aside, we lived in the Detroit area just before Holy Incarnation parish was "re-started".  We were members of St. Raphael of Brooklyn Parish (OCA) and keep you in our prayers.

      In Christ,
      Rebecca

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 21, 2012
        It's my understanding that attachments cannot be sent through
        YahooGroups. Father, if you send it to me I can post a link via
        Dropbox to the list to where the flyer will be visible.

        Christopher

        On 2/21/12, Rebecca Wilson <emmy88heaven@...> wrote:
        > Dear Father,
        >
        > It might just be my computer, but the attached flyer did not come through to
        > my address in the group mailing.
        >
        > As an aside, we lived in the Detroit area just before Holy Incarnation
        > parish was "re-started".  We were members of St. Raphael of Brooklyn Parish
        > (OCA) and keep you in our prayers.
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Rebecca
        >

        > ________________________________

        Sent from my mobile device
      • Mary Becker
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
          Dear Fr. John,

          Don't see the attached flyer. Please try again!

          btw, great wedding pics:) Congratulations!

          Paul +

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
            The flyer Fr. John posted can be viewed here:

            http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11204382/Mattox%20%20Roeber-%20March%208%202012.pdf

            It's for an event at Marquette University in Milwaukee on March 8 from
            3:30-5:00 at Straz Hall featuring the authors of *Changing
            Churches*(Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012). "Co-authors Mattox and
            Roeber provide a
            theological account of their similar yet different decisions to leave the
            Lutheran Faith Tradition: one for Orthodoxy, the other Catholicism."

            A. G. Roeber is Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State
            University and Mickey L. Mattox is Associate Professor of Theology at
            Marquette University.

            Christopher

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
              Milwaukee! Hmmm...that doesn't work well for those of us in Dixie. Father
              Fenton...can you ask if they plan to do an audio recording or tape or
              simulcast on the 'net? While I have the book on order, it would be great
              to hear the authors speak. Thanks-----R

              On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Christopher Orr <xcjorr@...> wrote:

              > The flyer Fr. John posted can be viewed here:
              >
              > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11204382/Mattox%20%20Roeber-%20March%208%202012.pdf
              >
              > It's for an event at Marquette University in Milwaukee on March 8 from
              > 3:30-5:00 at Straz Hall featuring the authors of *Changing
              > Churches*(Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012). "Co-authors Mattox and
              > Roeber provide a
              > theological account of their similar yet different decisions to leave the
              > Lutheran Faith Tradition: one for Orthodoxy, the other Catholicism."
              >
              > A. G. Roeber is Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State
              > University and Mickey L. Mattox is Associate Professor of Theology at
              > Marquette University.
              >
              > Christopher
              >

              > On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Mary Becker <beckerpm657@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Dear Fr. John,
              > >
              > > Don't see the attached flyer. Please try again!
              > >
              > > btw, great wedding pics:) Congratulations!
              > >
              > > Paul +

            • Fr John W Fenton
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
                Thanks, Rdr Christopher, for making this flyer available.

                Rosemarie, I will ask Dn Gregory about audio or visual recordings.

                Fr John W Fenton

                Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church

                LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146

                MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101

                313.282.6153

                frfenton@...