Talk to the authors of "Changing Churches"

  • Fr John W Fenton
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 21, 2012
      The attached flyer may be of interest to most on this group.

      Fr John W Fenton

      Assistant to the Vicar General

      Western Rite Vicariate

      Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

      313.282.6153

    • Rebecca Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 21, 2012
        Dear Father,

        It might just be my computer, but the attached flyer did not come through to my address in the group mailing.

        As an aside, we lived in the Detroit area just before Holy Incarnation parish was "re-started".  We were members of St. Raphael of Brooklyn Parish (OCA) and keep you in our prayers.

        In Christ,
        Rebecca

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 21, 2012
          It's my understanding that attachments cannot be sent through
          YahooGroups. Father, if you send it to me I can post a link via
          Dropbox to the list to where the flyer will be visible.

          Christopher

          On 2/21/12, Rebecca Wilson <emmy88heaven@...> wrote:
          > Dear Father,
          >
          > It might just be my computer, but the attached flyer did not come through to
          > my address in the group mailing.
          >
          > As an aside, we lived in the Detroit area just before Holy Incarnation
          > parish was "re-started".  We were members of St. Raphael of Brooklyn Parish
          > (OCA) and keep you in our prayers.
          >
          > In Christ,
          > Rebecca
          >

          > ________________________________

          Sent from my mobile device
        • Mary Becker
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
            Dear Fr. John,

            Don't see the attached flyer. Please try again!

            btw, great wedding pics:) Congratulations!

            Paul +

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
              The flyer Fr. John posted can be viewed here:

              http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11204382/Mattox%20%20Roeber-%20March%208%202012.pdf

              It's for an event at Marquette University in Milwaukee on March 8 from
              3:30-5:00 at Straz Hall featuring the authors of *Changing
              Churches*(Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012). "Co-authors Mattox and
              Roeber provide a
              theological account of their similar yet different decisions to leave the
              Lutheran Faith Tradition: one for Orthodoxy, the other Catholicism."

              A. G. Roeber is Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State
              University and Mickey L. Mattox is Associate Professor of Theology at
              Marquette University.

              Christopher

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
                Milwaukee! Hmmm...that doesn't work well for those of us in Dixie. Father
                Fenton...can you ask if they plan to do an audio recording or tape or
                simulcast on the 'net? While I have the book on order, it would be great
                to hear the authors speak. Thanks-----R

                On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Christopher Orr <xcjorr@...> wrote:

                > The flyer Fr. John posted can be viewed here:
                >
                > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11204382/Mattox%20%20Roeber-%20March%208%202012.pdf
                >
                > It's for an event at Marquette University in Milwaukee on March 8 from
                > 3:30-5:00 at Straz Hall featuring the authors of *Changing
                > Churches*(Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012). "Co-authors Mattox and
                > Roeber provide a
                > theological account of their similar yet different decisions to leave the
                > Lutheran Faith Tradition: one for Orthodoxy, the other Catholicism."
                >
                > A. G. Roeber is Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State
                > University and Mickey L. Mattox is Associate Professor of Theology at
                > Marquette University.
                >
                > Christopher
                >

                > On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Mary Becker <beckerpm657@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Dear Fr. John,
                > >
                > > Don't see the attached flyer. Please try again!
                > >
                > > btw, great wedding pics:) Congratulations!
                > >
                > > Paul +

              • Fr John W Fenton
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
                  Thanks, Rdr Christopher, for making this flyer available.

                  Rosemarie, I will ask Dn Gregory about audio or visual recordings.

                  Fr John W Fenton

                  Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church

                  LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146

                  MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101

                  313.282.6153

                  frfenton@...