Re: [LutheransLookingEast] "Changing Churches? An Orthodox, Cathol, and Lutheran Theological Conversation" (Eerdmans, 2012)

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2011
      Yup, the Universal Wish List button is also available for other browsers.
      See here:

      http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/universal/ref=wl_eywl_uwl

      Christopher

    • Fr John W Fenton
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2011
        Part of the impetus for this book was a series of conversations, several
        years ago, between some Orthodox clergy and some Lutheran clergy.

        Fr John W Fenton

        Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church

        LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146

        MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101

        313.282.6153

        frfenton@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2011
          Ooooh, it's THAT book. I look forward to reading it.

          On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Fr John W Fenton <
          frfenton@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Part of the impetus for this book was a series of conversations, several
          > years ago, between some Orthodox clergy and some Lutheran clergy.
          >
          > Fr John W Fenton
          >
          > Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church
          >
          > LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146
          >
          > MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101
          >
          > 313.282.6153
          >
          > frfenton@...

        • Timothy Jackon
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
            Fr. Fenton or Ben Harju,

            For the curious among us who don't know what you're referring to (like me)
            could you say a little bit more about the these conversations? Was this a
            conference or a private meeting? Were the Lutheran clergy from different
            denominations or were they all ELCA or LCMS etc? I'm not exactly sure what
            questions to ask about this. Forgive my curiosity, but once I saw the
            reaction from Ben I really wanted to know me about this. I'm looking
            forward to reading this book once it's released.

            - Timothy

            On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Fr John W Fenton <
            frfenton@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Part of the impetus for this book was a series of conversations, several
            > years ago, between some Orthodox clergy and some Lutheran clergy.
            >
            > Fr John W Fenton
            >
            > Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church
            >
            > LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146
            >
            > MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101
            >
            > 313.282.6153
            >
            > frfenton@...

          • Timothy Jackon
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
              *to know more about this.

              Wow, I can't type this morning.

            • Fr John W Fenton
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
                Timothy,

                Once upon a time, some Lutherans and Orthodox (mostly but not exclusively
                clergy) gathered for a series of conversations. These were based on mutual
                friendships and interests. These conversations were informal. The goal was
                to set aside caricatures, grandstanding, defensiveness and academic
                posturing so that convergence and divergence could be discussed in a serious
                yet friendly atmosphere.

                frfenton@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Part of the impetus for this book was a series of conversations,
                > several years ago, between some Orthodox clergy and some Lutheran clergy.
                >
                > Fr John W Fenton
                >
                > Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church
                >
                > LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146
                >
                > MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101
                >
                > 313.282.6153
                >
                > frfenton@...

              • jayedenne
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 4, 2011
                  For the past several years, I've been a part of a dialogue here in Sioux City, Iowa, between local Lutheran and Orthodox clergy. It sounds like our discussions have been similar to the conversations you had - we've covered some serious theological ground, but in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

                  Pr. Jay Denne