God Hates Accountants; or, 'God is love, and love does not keep account of evil'
God Hates Accountants; or, 'God is love, and love does not keep account
of evil' <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2011/01/hidden-gem.html>
[Love] Does not behave itself rudely, seeks not her own, is not easily
provoked, thinks no evil� (I Corinthians 13:5)
* I�ve often quoted the second phrase here, �seeks not her own,� to people
who think God needs to avenge or restore His honor, supposedly sullied by
sinners, or to inflict �just retribution� upon them. But it�s that last
phrase I have only this moment discovered. That�s because whoever translated
it in the King James and other versions *mistranslated it* to suit his own
theology of retribution.
What [this passage] really says is not �*thinks* no evil� but �does not make
an account of evil.� The verb is *logisomai*, and here are all its meanings,
according to Strong�s Concordance.
1) to reckon, count, compute, calculate, count over
a) to take into account, to make an account of
1) metaph. to pass to one's account, to impute
2) a thing is reckoned as or to be something, i.e. as availing for or
equivalent to something, as having the like force and weight
b) to number among, reckon with
c) to reckon or account
2) to reckon inward, count up or weigh the reasons, to deliberate
3) by reckoning up all the reasons, to gather or infer
a) to consider, take into account, weigh, meditate on
b) to suppose, deem, judge
c) to determine, purpose, decide
God is Love, and love (we are told on authority of Scripture, although
everyone already knows it) does not keep account of evil.
*God does not keep account of evil!*
** *- *"A Hidden
by Anastasia Theodoridis
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]