Blessed Advent to all!

  • k3n77
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2010
      And happy St. Nicholas day to all on the Gregorian calendar.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2010
        And to you!

        Happy St. Ambrose day today! We celebrate by converting Manichees (I've got
        a Zoroastrian across the hall - seriously - so I'll stop by later and see
        what I can do.)

        :)

        Christopher

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2010
          Speaking of St Ambrose, I found his ON THE CHRISTIAN FAITH quite fascinating in
          terms of dealing with Arians. Some of their arguments are still the same; and
          some of his points are the same as contemporary anti-JW literature, some quite
          different from what we hear today.

          I've also found St John Chrysostom's commentary on John very instructing
          vis-a-vis Arianism, though it's only a tiny part of the commentary. His entire
          exegetical approach is very different from the post-schism Western approach, and
          gives great insight into the meaning of the text, which has the effect of
          illumining the nature of heresies.

          R.