Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: Theology of the Cross

  • xcjorr@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2010
      The service texts can be found here:

      http://www.oca.org/PDF/liturgicaltexts/09.September/2010-0914-texts.doc

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "mrthatoneguy92" <timsteele2@...>
      Sender: LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:48:45
      To: <LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: Theology of the Cross

      Where would I find the information for Vespers and Orthos for the Feast?

      Because of my work, I have little chance to attend church (let alone an Orthodox Divine Liturgy!). Thus, I go to what I can.

      I agree with your comments about how Trinitarian the service is. And the parts about Mary as well. Still, I'm not saying "Oh Holy Theotokos, save us!" quite yet. I do not plan on making any such invocations until I decide which camp I'm going to pitch tent in. I'm not fond of cafeteria religion.

      But, back to the main subject... *is guilty for going off track*

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2010
        You can also find a more limited selection of hymns for the feast here:

        http://books.google.com/books?id=hVIXAAAAYAAJ&dq=hapgood%20service%20book&pg=PA167#v=onepage&q&f=false

        and the a general service to the Cross here:

        http://books.google.com/books?id=VgfZAAAAMAAJ&dq=menaion&pg=PA24#v=onepage&q&f=false

        Christopher