Comments on "On Temptations to Go East"

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2010
      It's a big, meandering combox well above my ability, but some of arguments
      and references might be of interest to members of this list:

      http://gottesdienstonline.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-temptations-to-go-east.html

      I would recommend not commenting generally in the combox. Such overwhelming
      comments turn into a sort of scorched earth strategy mixed with a heaping
      dose of trench warfare, i.e., destructive, with little movement, to no end.

      Still, there are some good arguments in there.

    • Oruaseht
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2010
        I found that discussion incredibly enlightening! Wonderful dialogue and points exchanged. But in the end, Perry just wins. He always wins. It's not just meandering talk either, everything put forward in the lengthy responses is researched. It is overwhelming to wade through, but I found it to be highly informative. And it sure closes the mouths of many - except mine, which is still gaping from the awe of it all. heehheeh.......

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 26, 2010
          Also...don't miss Ben Harju's assessment of the original paper either.

          http://paredwka.blogspot.com/2010/08/responding-to-fr-burnell-eckhardts.html