Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: Three takes on Freedom of the Will

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 14, 2010
      Nous is not usually translated as heart, though Abbot Meletios in CA does in
      his book. It is sometimes referred to as the 'top' of the heart, but it
      more of a mental, though not in a purely intellectual or rational sense. It
      is the sense organ, so to speak, that can perceive the spiritual directly.

      Heart is karthia, thus the idea that we must descend with the nous into the
      karthia and keep watch (nepsis).

      Christopher