Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Great Podcast re: Salvation in East & West

  • matt reader
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2010
      And to follow up, for a great book that highlights East-West distinctives, and in a very non-combative manner, please check out "Light From The Christian East" by James Payton put out by IVP. To me it is sort of like Bajis' "Common Ground" in a condensed form, written by a Protestant scholar. It's a fantastic book that many of my friends, Orthodox and non, have really found useful. It's now one of the main books I use to give to folks who have an interest in all of this. And what's even better, you really learn a lot about Protestantism at the same time. Great stuff.
      http://www.amazon.com/Light-Christian-East-Introduction-Tradition/dp/0830825940/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278440948&sr=8-1

      And something else that I rarely find suggested is the series by David Anderson about the Nicene Creed, put out by Orthodox Christian Cassettes. It's the best lecture introduction to Orthodoxy out there. You can listen to them over and over and keep learning and growing.
      http://www.orthodoxtapes.org/catalog/what_we_believe.html

      Matt