Re: Blessed Assurance

  • tantuslabor
    Message 1 of 8 , May 17 4:03 PM
      Hello, Rebecca!

      Fr. Evangelos is no longer at the parish in Kalamazoo...Here in Grand
      Rapids we have a number of Orthodox parishes: St. John Chrysostom
      (Patriarchal), Holy Annunciation (Romanian), Holy Trinity (Greek), St.
      George, St. Nicholas, and Holy Cross (my parish--all Antiochian). I
      second your words about Dormition monastery.

      The unworthy priest,

      Fr. Gregory Hogg

      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Wilson
      <emmy88heaven@...> wrote:

      > This is my first reply. We lived in Kalamazoo three years ago.
      There is a Patriarchal parish in Battle Creek. Also, the Greek parish
      in Kalamazoo has a very evangelical priest and the Divine Liturgy is
      in English. Fr. Evan is his name. That's about it for Kalamazoo.
      Dormition Monastery is the best! The nuns are holy, joyful and
      extremely helpful. The items in their bookstore are very affordable.
      If you can get to Detroit for a day, MUST go to St. Raphael of
      Brooklyn parish (Romanian). Fr. Leo is filled with Divine Light. The
      very best priest or person I have ever encountered (I've been Orthodox
      since 1980). The Orthodox Christian Education Center which is housed
      in the men's monastery (Romanian). It is so worth the trip.

      > Hope this helps. Christ is in our midst. He is and every shall be!
      > Rebecca
      >
      > Jeremy Finck <AdonaiUplifts@...> wrote:
      > You can get all that kind of Orthodox stuff at virtually
      any Orthodox
      > parish. There's a pretty comprehensive, searchable listing of
      Churches at
      > http://www.orthodoxyinamerica.com/
      > I don't live in MI, but I have visited an Orthodox Monastery in Rives
      > Junction (http://www.dormitionmonastery.com/), just 15min outside of
      > Jackson. They have a great bookstore complete with icons, prayer ropes,
      > censers, etc. But it's good to give them plenty of notice that you're
      > coming, so someone will be available for the bookstore.
      > And I have some friends who go to the Russian Orthodox Church in
      Albion, MI
      > : Holy Ascension (http://www.orthodoxchurchalbion.org/).
      >
      > Hope that's helpful.
      >
      > Jeremy
      >
      > On 5/8/07, Eric Perich <eperich@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sal,
      > >
      > > Its interesting that you brought up the Lutheran monastery in
      Michigan. I