new book

  • DonPedroGordo
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hei!  Tschüß!  ¡Hola!  Oi!  Ciao!  Hi!

      An advance copy reviewer respected
      here gave this pending publication a
      high rating.  I will plan to purchase.  I
      am suspecting we will hear something
      more about the nous! Reviewer states
      the presentation of traditional Orthodox
      understanding took him by surprise for
      its clarity and simplicity. Reader Peter
      Brandt-Sørheim

      Path to Sanity: An Ancient Christian Alternative to Secular Psychology
      by Dee Pennock
      Format: Soft Bound
      Available December 2009!
      $14.95 Light and Life Publishing
      [publisher's review:]
      This book brings the reader together with holy physicians of the soul in ancient Christian Traditions, offering superbly clear examples of the patristic method of diagnosing and healing many disorders of the soul that are now being widely treated with brain-crippling drugs. Addresses violent mood swings, uncontrollable willfulness, anger, depression, suicidal urges, ambivalence in decision-making, built-in self-defeating programs, ignorance of oneself, inability to control thoughts, being "possessed" by passions, compulsive physical appetites, social isolation, inability to love and feel loved, demonstrating just what the Fathers say about recovering sanity in the love of Christ. The author, a Stanford graduate and a veteran editor and author, worked at Harvard with Fr. Georges Florovsky. Early reviewers have dubbed this book a "must read" for spiritual health and sanity. 5 1/4" x 8". 216 pages.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        This author's previous books have been absolutely astonishing....can't recommend too highly.