Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: Sasse on Marian Devotion

    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2007
      I was in the midst of a career crisis - which way to go? I had been a
      professional actor for many years in LA and NYC, had graduated from a
      classical theatre program in Boston, etc. However, after getting married
      and needing to stay in NYC the business started drying up. I was spending
      my time juggling auditions, working at a hotel, teaching, executive
      recruiting and church. I prayed before the Tikhvin icon of the Theotokos
      that she pray God to guide me on the path upon which my feet should trod.
      The next day I got a call and was flown to LA to test for a TV pilot, which
      I didn't get. I took that as a sign that I had the ability to pursue this
      career more or less successfully, if I chose to do so, but that it was best
      if I accepted that it was not to be and return to NYC. So, I quit acting
      and have been working full-time as an executive recruiter in financial
      services, and now in education/nonprofit.

      Christopher