Re: Sasse on Marian Devotion

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30 11:24 PM
      Christopher,

      > It wasn't that we
      > didn't venerate the icon, and it isn't that I didn't get a
      miraculous answer to prayer before this icon of the Mother of God (I did)

      Please do tell about this. I am very interested.

      Andrew.
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2007
        I was in the midst of a career crisis - which way to go? I had been a
        professional actor for many years in LA and NYC, had graduated from a
        classical theatre program in Boston, etc. However, after getting married
        and needing to stay in NYC the business started drying up. I was spending
        my time juggling auditions, working at a hotel, teaching, executive
        recruiting and church. I prayed before the Tikhvin icon of the Theotokos
        that she pray God to guide me on the path upon which my feet should trod.
        The next day I got a call and was flown to LA to test for a TV pilot, which
        I didn't get. I took that as a sign that I had the ability to pursue this
        career more or less successfully, if I chose to do so, but that it was best
        if I accepted that it was not to be and return to NYC. So, I quit acting
        and have been working full-time as an executive recruiter in financial
        services, and now in education/nonprofit.

        Christopher