Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Good News

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14 5:21 PM
      Wonderful news, Todd! You'll love being Greek! ;) (I always think of Ian
      Miller's Baptism from the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when anyone
      mentions joining the Greek Orthodox Church.)

      Seriously...may you find your peace in Holy Orthodoxy.-----R (also attending
      a Greek Orthodox Church and there isn't one iota of Greek in me)

      On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM, tharman32 <tharman32@...> wrote:

      > I just wanted to share that my long journey through pretty much every
      > variety of Western Christianity is finally coming to a close. I started my
      > catechism into the Greek Orthodox Church this week!!
      >
      > I have know idea how long it will be before I am received into the Church
      > (I know the Orthodox don't move very fast, much like the Southerns I now
      > live next too!!!) but I actually am not too concerned. Just joyful to be
      > moving...
      >
      > Thank you to all for your answers...I'm sure I will have more questions!
      >
      > In Christ,
      >
      > Todd

    • Todd Harman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14 6:27 PM
        For most of the first Divine Liturgy I attended - I actually couldn't stop thinking about "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"!!

        Christ, have mercy!
        Todd