Good News

  • tharman32
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2009
      I just wanted to share that my long journey through pretty much every variety of Western Christianity is finally coming to a close. I started my catechism into the Greek Orthodox Church this week!!

      I have know idea how long it will be before I am received into the Church (I know the Orthodox don't move very fast, much like the Southerns I now live next too!!!) but I actually am not too concerned. Just joyful to be moving...

      Thank you to all for your answers...I'm sure I will have more questions!

      In Christ,

      Todd
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2009
        May the Lord bless your catechumenate - its permanent for all of us.

        Christopher

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2009
          Wonderful news, Todd! You'll love being Greek! ;) (I always think of Ian
          Miller's Baptism from the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when anyone
          mentions joining the Greek Orthodox Church.)

          Seriously...may you find your peace in Holy Orthodoxy.-----R (also attending
          a Greek Orthodox Church and there isn't one iota of Greek in me)

          On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM, tharman32 <tharman32@...> wrote:

          > I just wanted to share that my long journey through pretty much every
          > variety of Western Christianity is finally coming to a close. I started my
          > catechism into the Greek Orthodox Church this week!!
          >
          > I have know idea how long it will be before I am received into the Church
          > (I know the Orthodox don't move very fast, much like the Southerns I now
          > live next too!!!) but I actually am not too concerned. Just joyful to be
          > moving...
          >
          > Thank you to all for your answers...I'm sure I will have more questions!
          >
          > In Christ,
          >
          > Todd

        • Todd Harman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2009
            For most of the first Divine Liturgy I attended - I actually couldn't stop thinking about "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"!!

            Christ, have mercy!