Beginning Catechumen Classes

  • Dave W.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
      I just wanted to share that I will be starting catechumen classes on Thursday at the Antiochian parish I've been attending for the past many months. I haven't forgotten this site, but have been lurking more than anything. Things are moving forward and I just ask for your prayers that the Holy Spirit will continue to guide and mold me. Thanks for bearing with all my questions in the past!
    • Dave W.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
        I tried posting this once, but it didn't work, so I apologize in advance if it posts twice.

        Just wanted to let you know that I'm beginning catechumen classes this week at the Antiochian parish I have been attending for many months now. I wanted to thank you all for the patience towards me with my questions and ask for your prayers that the Holy Spirit will continue to guide and mold me.

        Thanks,

        Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
          Glory to God. Take it nice and slow. Pray a lot, morning and evening,
          minimally. That's the one thing I wish I would have done more of as a
          catechumen and inquirer.

          Christopher

          On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Dave W. <dkwiech@...> wrote:

          > I just wanted to share that I will be starting catechumen classes on
          > Thursday at the Antiochian parish I've been attending for the past many
          > months. I haven't forgotten this site, but have been lurking more than
          > anything. Things are moving forward and I just ask for your prayers that the
          > Holy Spirit will continue to guide and mold me. Thanks for bearing with all
          > my questions in the past!

        • Rebecca Wilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
            Glory to Jesus Christ!  Glory forever!  You'll be in our prayers.

            I just wanted to share that I will be starting catechumen classes on Thursday at the Antiochian parish I've been attending for the past many months. I haven't forgotten this site, but have been lurking more than anything. Things are moving forward and I just ask for your prayers that the Holy Spirit will continue to guide and mold me. Thanks for bearing with all my questions in the past!

          • krolechka
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
              Glory to our Savior!
              You're in our prayers and His love.
              +

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
                That's wonderful! I truly believe you'll find, as I did, torrents of grace quite unexpectedly.

                ---However, you will also find snares from the devil as he attempts to disillusion you. In my experience 100% of those who put their heart into it run into such a snare at some point.

                I've found it pays to bear in mind at all times that the church is a hospital; it is made up of sinners, not all of whom will take their medicine.

                In my secular job I work in health care, and this is true in that context with alarming frequency. People ignore their med regimen, defy fall precautions, don't go to the ER when they need to, smoke like chimneys, live on fatty foods with no nutritional value, putting themselves at high risk for heart attack/stroke as well as any number of other ailments.

                Thus the true church, as we see in the NT, is far from perfect. If you stop and look at Scripture you realize the apostolic church was plagued by every imaginable sin: gross sexual immorality, people posing as hierarchs; Judaizing, angel-worship, pride, drunkenness, disorderly worship, laziness, gluttony, rejecting an apostle; plotting against an apostle; lawsuits, judgmentalism, despising the poor, women grabbing for authority, people quitting their jobs to wait for the Second Coming; poor tithing, lukewarmness, rejecting Scripture, and....well, the list goes on and on.

                The reason I say this is that sometimes people feel that because they've found the true church it will be completely free from problems....and then become disillusioned when Satan reveals some significant sin.

                Anyhow, as I say, I'm sure you will be blessed beyond anything you can imagine. You will be in my prayers.

                In Christ,

                Subdeacon Randy