Fwd: [OrthodoxNews] (Iowa City) Orthodox Church Marks Pascha

  • byza7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20 3:41 PM
      Christopher,

      This newspaper article was from a post in the OrthodoxNews. So I am
      forwarding the original post and its original source.

      David

      ____________________________________
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20 3:47 PM
        OK. I know Stephanos from when he lived here in NYC. I thought it would
        have been neat if you were a member of that parish.

        He is a layman who was teaching at University of Iowa Law School and started
        a mission in Iowa City in his living room. It grew and grew. He's in
        Philadelphia doing something similar, again, while teaching at UPenn and
        doing a remote MDiv from St Tikhon's.

        Christopher

      • phos_hilarion@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23 9:46 AM
          Small world. The iconostasis from my church, St. John Chrysostom, is going to this very mission in Iowa City (if I'm not mistaken) when we move into our new building sometime this summer. It was nice to read about the mission and I'll have to share this with my church!
          Love in Christ,
          phos

          To: LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com
          From: xcjorr@...