Re: Close(d) Communion

  • oruaseht
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18 8:13 AM
      Thanks for the post - but just to clarify, it is indeed Baptism and Chrismation (in the Orthodox Church, in the Orthodox manner) that are the standard which permit one to receive the Eucharist in the Holy Orthodox Church?
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18 2:03 PM
        Yes. What else would it be? Not sure what you are getting at.

        Christopher

        On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:13 AM, oruaseht <oruaseht@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the post - but just to clarify, it is indeed Baptism and
        > Chrismation (in the Orthodox Church, in the Orthodox manner) that are the
        > standard which permit one to receive the Eucharist in the Holy Orthodox
        > Church?

      • oruaseht
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18 10:07 PM
          Thanks for you reply. Your previous post was quite lengthy and seemed to simply be saying that admission to the Eucharist is based on Baptism and Chrismation - but in an overly detailed manner. I just wanted to clarify that I have the correct understanding of the Orthodox practice of Closed Communion. Thanks again for your reply.