Re: Practice of Infant Communion

  • oruaseht
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2009
      Thank you so much for your post. I have finally had a chance to read these papers and they are very helpful. It's just as I feared though... I'm completely Orthodox on this matter!!! Some of my other Lutheran Pastor brothers and I have been discussing this issue for some time now (particularly how the Eucharist relates with Lutheran Confirmation), so these posts in this forum really give me another approach to the Spiritual life which is truly wonderful and inspiring.

      Closely related to this is the subject of Closed Communion. Would anyone care to comment on the Orthodox Practice of "Closed Communion" - particularly as it relates to who may be admitted to the Eucharist in the Orthodox Church? Is it closed to all non-Orthodox (not Baptized & Chrismated, I'm guessing?) Hence, Orthodox infants would be permitted to the sacrament based on their identity in Christ and in the Holy Orthodox Church? Later these requirements change to include confession & repentance?? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks again for the posts!