904Re: Finding the "right" Orthodox parish

  • Fr John W Fenton
    Feb 25, 2009
      Dave,

      My various duties prevent me both from keeping up with the fast
      exchange of emails on this list, and from offering long answers.

      Rose pointed you to an essay I wrote when I was a Lutheran ("What
      Options..."). There is also my statement of resignation in which I
      detail, in a broad way, some of the doctrines and practices in
      Lutheranism that I determined were contrary to the Faith of the
      Church. Both of these items are located at
      http://www.holyincarnation.org/inquirers.php. There are also other
      items there that you might find helpful.

      My journey to Orthodoxy germinated just before I went to seminary and
      took nearly 25 years to come to full flower. Many questions, many
      fears, many struggles, many prayers and not a few tears watered the
      path, as well as a time when I had given up on Orthodoxy. What I've
      written is peppered with these experiences.

      Please feel free to email me offlist if you wish. Perhaps we can set
      a time to speak by telephone, if you find that helpful.

      Fr John W Fenton
      Assistant to the Vicar General of the Western Rite Vicariate
      Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic