568Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Combox Ecumenism

    Jul 3, 2008
      Great thread...I found it two days ago and have enjoyed the exchange.

      One comment though...I am not a rigorist (probably because I was never WELS,
      only LCMS ;P ) and I have to say that the Barnes book, while it has it's
      good points, can be a harsh read...especially to an inquirer. In places the
      tone reminds me of some of those "I am more Orthodox than you are"
      discussions one reads around the internet. My Lutheran husband read a bit
      of it and was offended...to the point that I still get a few related
      negative jabs when if wear my Orthodoxy on my sleeve. Of course, I am
      probably more thin skinned than most. YMMV.-----R