512Re: Orthodoxy - the communal tool box

  • krolechka
    May 15 4:56 AM
      Indeed He is risen, Constantine!
      Greetings, everyone!

      I just would like to add to this:

      > If one believes that one doesn't need the intercession of the Most
      Holy
      > Theotokos, that says more about the individual rather than anything
      else.

      It's true, but it's not a mistake. Being/becoming a Christian is a
      process of our whole life. It just takes time for everything - to
      realize one's own weakness, to realize thus the need for the saints'
      help, and then to start loving them. Takes different time for
      everyone. If someone doesn't feel he needs Theotokos' help - it
      simply means he's not reached that point yet. But there's nothing
      dangerous or wrong with being at that point of the path, as long as
      the person stays on the path and keeps moving to Christ at any speed,
      at least the slightest one.

      I guess, it's my opinion. :)
      Asking for your prayers,
      Alexander

      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, "Travis \(Constantine\)
      Stolz" <travis.stolz@...> wrote:

      > Christ is risen!
      >
      > The determination of what one truly "needs" is not self-chosen,
      however. There are far too many "I"s in what you have written. The
      toughest lesson I have had to learn since becoming Orthodox--even
      tougher than obedience, frankly--is that of humility. It's not up to me
      to determine what I need or what I don't need. Christ nowhere says,
      "Pick and choose from the toolbox. A hammer is a spade is a level is a
      screwdriver--all is one and one is all."

      > If one believes that one doesn't need the intercession of the Most
      Holy Theotokos, that says more about the individual rather than anything
      else. If the only reason one is singing or praying to the Theotokos is
      out of "duty" or because of the words on a page, then I think
      (drat--there's that dreaded "I" again!) one has missed the point of the
      Liturgy.