      From: Dave @¿@¬ <dnaess@...>
      Subject: [LutheransLookingEast] Orthodoxy - the communal tool box
      To: LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, May 9, 2008, 2:50 AM

      Howdy!

      I made a post to an Orthodox forum under this title and
      many people don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

      Maybe some of you folks do...

      Here is the post:

      ==========
      We are all building "the house of God" and we draw our tools from
      one big common toolbox called "Orthodoxy."

      Each person uses every tool necessary in order to attain their own
      personal salvation.

      The person wiring the house (for electricity) will use a different
      set of tools than the person who is installing the plumbing. The
      plumber will use a different set of tools than the roofer.

      While we each may use a different set of tools, we are all doing the
      same work -- building a house.

      As a protestant convert, I may not need the "tool" of the
      intercession of the Theotokos as much as a cradle.

      HOWEVER

      As a choir member, I am duty-bound to sing her praises during the
      Divine Liturgy. If I don't I will be doing a great dis-servce to the
      person standing across the aisle for whom prayers to the Theotokos
      are an essential element of their personal faith. If I did
      otherwise, I would be denying a fellow worker access to a tool which
      is necessary for them to finish their work.

      Anybody here appreciate what I am trying to say?
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic