484Re: Christ is Risen!

  • laurafrizelle
    May 8, 2008
      Hello Randy,

      I'll tell my husband you said hello!

      I am glad you have peace now. It was amazing for us too, how once we
      were close to making our decision how our peace while still in the
      LCMS began to increase. Of course it was very hard to make the final
      separation from the people in the congregation my husband served, but
      we knew with full conviction that that was what we had to do. Bishop
      JOSEPH also said to us during that first conversation that once we
      made our decision to do it quickly as possible and to have no fear.
      That is exactly what we tried to do.

      We will pray for you and yours, Randy.

      Tom asked for a peaceful release from his call. We did not want to
      tear up that little church anymore than it was. I wish that we could
      have brought more with us for their sakes, so that they could know the
      fullness and beauty of Orthodoxy. In time we pray that people will
      come, a few have, but most will have to come on their own. We run
      into people from our old church all the time at the grocery store. We
      tell them that we are poor, but very happy and invite them to come and
      see.

      I am convinced that most people just aren't ready yet and that God
      understands completely where they are coming from and He is patient
      and steadfast to all of us Lutheran, Orthodox, Baptist, whatever.
      Forgive the cliche...you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot
      make him drink.

      All we can ultimately do is try to listen carefully to our Good
      Shepherd and personally follow His lead.

      God Bless You Always,
      Laura

      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, RANDY ASBURRY
      <r.asburry@...> wrote:

      > Thank you very much for your words of wisdom, and thank God for
      thecomfort and peace that He has given you! While I still remain in
      theLCMS for the time being, I will confirm your words about the
      politics and thebattle-weariness. It does weigh on the soul. Bishop
      JOSEPH's questionis right on target: "What about your salvation?"
      Thanks for remindingus of that.

      > Also, please tell your husband - Thomas, right? -hello for me. I
      believe our paths crossed a time or two, at least onemail lists if not
      in person.

      > God bless!
      > + + + + +
      > Rev. Randy Asburry