47Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: What is meant by justification?

  • Laura
    Mar 10, 2007
      You know what would be the coolest?

      To have Dr. Scaer, his wife Dorothy, Dr. Weinrich, Roland Zeigler, Fr.
      Sparks, Fr. Harold and Kh. Barb all together for Happy hour and BBQ then a
      big long conversation about theology. If I could choose the topic it would
      be, "What does it mean to be created in the image and likeness of God?"
      Even better...to have Bishop JOSEPH there too. WOW!!! That would be
      amazing!

      Dr. Scaer and Dorothy came up to Alaska a few years ago to speak at a
      conference and we got the privilege to host them. We also spent a day on a
      glacier cruise with them and driving from Homer, to Seward and back to Eagle
      River. They were the most warm, down to earth people you would ever want to
      host. We have a very modest home and we had two boys 3 and 1 at the time. I
      was so nervous, but they set me at ease immediately.

      Our oldest son warmed up to Dr. Scaer faster than any other adult he had
      met, even his own Grandpa! Dr. Scaer constantly held Ian's hand and helped
      him cross streets. He kept him engaged in conversation about everything
      they saw.

      Dorothy impressed me so much too. The first thing she said to our littlest
      guy, James was, "How can I help you?"

      It is painful to meditate on the loss that we all suffer from Christ's
      church being so divided. I know that the Holy Spirit is working how he
      wills and God's plans are not our plans, but we get in the way of his plans
      so much! We are so full of pride and resist being united here on Earth. If
      only the Reformers and the Patriarch of Constantinople could have gotten
      over their pride and cultural barriers way back when....sigh!

      Heaven is going to be amazing!!

      In Christ,
      Laura
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic