1848Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Introduction

    Sep 10, 2012
      The list is at base a passive resource for those who want to ask questions
      about Orthodoxy, it isn't a list meant to actively attack Lutheran belief.
      People haven't been asking questions, so the list hasn't been active. We
      will all be happy to address any issues, questions, concerns, etc. you
      might have about Orthodoxy. I was raised WELS, my wife and most of my
      father's family are Roman Catholic, myself and my two boys are Orthodox.

      The best resource is always a local parish, priest and community. Theory
      is one thing, practice another. For instance, it's easy to assume the
      veneration of saints and icons is 'worship', but community worship puts
      both practices in context (i.e., everything in Orthodoxy surrounding icons
      and the saints is even more about God, the Trinity, Christ, etc. so by
      contrast icons and saints are clearly something other than divine.)

      Christopher