1824Re: "Changing Churches? An Orthodox, Cathol, and Lutheran Theological Conversation" (Eerdmans, 2012)

  • jayedenne
    Dec 4, 2011
      For the past several years, I've been a part of a dialogue here in Sioux City, Iowa, between local Lutheran and Orthodox clergy. It sounds like our discussions have been similar to the conversations you had - we've covered some serious theological ground, but in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

      Pr. Jay Denne

      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, "Fr John W Fenton" <frfenton@...> wrote:

      > Timothy,
      >
      > Once upon a time, some Lutherans and Orthodox (mostly but not exclusively
      > clergy) gathered for a series of conversations. These were based on mutual
      > friendships and interests. These conversations were informal. The goal was
      > to set aside caricatures, grandstanding, defensiveness and academic
      > posturing so that convergence and divergence could be discussed in a serious
      > yet friendly atmosphere.
      >

      > Fr John W Fenton
      > Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church
      > LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146
      > MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101
      > 313.282.6153
      > frfenton@...

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic