1725Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: Theology of the Cross

    Sep 14, 2010
      Glory to God!

      Definitely take a look at the texts from Vespers and Matins (Orthros), too,
      if all you attended was Divine Liturgy. The Divine Liturgy is mainly
      unchangeable; the meat of the theology of the feast is to be found in the
      changeable sections of Vespers and Matins (Orthros).

      I remember during my first visits to an Orthodox church being shocked at
      home radically Cross and Christ focused the services were - and how
      Trinitarian. People were making the sign of the Cross all the time, the
      priest was blessing with the Cross, the Trinity was exclaimed constantly,
      and every reference to the Mother of God was accompanied by her Son's Cross
      underlining that any focus on her is focus on her Son and our God.

      Christopher