1602Re: My monastic search

  • Dave Naess
    Jun 19, 2010
      Howdy R!

      I had been going to New Skete for about a year before I made a Formal Application for Consideration, so I have had a fairly good chance to find out what the monastic life is all about.

      It seems as if I am being lead away from the Greek monasteries. St. Tikhon's is the second OCA monastery that I am considering. The Ephriamite monasteries are out as far as I am concerned (after a visit to St. Nektarios.) Next on my list after St. Tikhon's is Holy Trinity in Jordanville, NY -- a ROCOR monastary associated with the ROCOR Seminary.

      Ever forward!

      Dave