      From: Christopher Orr <xcjorr@...>

      Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:11:33
      To: <LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: Question for former Lutherans

      However one separates from a previous church it should be completely
      free of any and all self-righteousness, accusation, teaching or
      witness. The act itself is the sum total of one's witness and
      teaching. If the pastor would like to ask more, give a humble answer
      as best one can.

      I don't see anything wrong with simply slipping away quietly. I don't
      see anything wrong with sharing the reason with pastor and friends,
      maybe even in letter form (though such should always be run by others
      to make sure no nastiness has accidentally slipped in). Cold turkey
      is the way it has to be. One can't serve two masters faithfully.
      Don't assume it has to be painful for all involved and ensure it is
      painful for all involved - blessed are the meek.

      Christopher