1335Re: Question for former Lutherans

  • Dave W.
    Aug 16, 2009
      If I may be so bold as to piggy-back on Kim's question, with my own related one. I have just given my Lutheran Church notice that my wife and I will not be coming back, and that we're leaving the LCMS to join the OC. Granted we've not been chrismated into the OC yet, it is just a question of a short time, and I already have made up my mind. Giving notice at your local parish is one thing, but what about the home office in St. Louis? Since I was brought up in the LCMS and have never been anything else, but...is there some sort of "formal" exit or separation that I have to do with St. Louis? Maybe this is a naive question, but I'm really clueless about it.

      Thanks,

      David