      From: Kimberly Sparling <belleartmom@...>
      Subject: [LutheransLookingEast] Question for former Lutherans
      To: LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 10:29 AM

      I have been wondering for a few weeks now how to go about actually *leaving*
      the Lutheran church where I have been an active member for the past 5 years.
      I have been attending an Orthodox church with my family for the past month,
      and would like to continue doing that. My dh and I did not attend the
      Lutheran church together, at the time he still had a paid position in the
      music "ministry" at the Methodist church we previously attended.
      So I feel kind of weird still performing my duties in things like LWML (I
      am a circle leader), picking up and delivering bread for our food pantry,
      etc. I am also council secretary and my term ends this year, so obviously I
      was going to decline if they ask me to continue that responsibility.
      Do I quit "cold turkey" and resign from everything? I have never done this
      before.
      Kim S.