107Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Best Prayer Book

  • Brian Fink
    Apr 25 5:04 AM
      Most Orthodox prayer books are variations of each other, with Jordanville being the standard English version (which is ROCOR). Most of the daily prayers are the same in all books. However, some may have the liturgy in it while reducing some of the daily prayers, while others include some special event prayers.

      Chrysostom

      Rosemarie Lieffring <rose.lieffring@...> wrote:
      I am not familiar with the ROCOR book. I started with the Jordanville
      Prayer Book (when I was still Lutheran). I have tried a few others since
      then and I frequently use "My Daily Orthodox Prayer Book" complied and
      edited by Father Anthony Coniaris but the Jordanville remains my favorite.
      The Jordanville Prayer book text is available online for those who want to
      try before they buy.
      http://www.myriobiblos.gr/texts/english/prayerbook/main.htm -----R