1067Re: For anybody contemplating monasticism

  • Dave W.
    May 10, 2009
      Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen some controversial comments on other Orthodox websites about the New Skete hermitage, such as them being "heretical" or "non-traditional", etc. I don't claim to understand what the issues are, and they were never clarified in my readings, but could someone perhaps provide a little insight into them? FWIW, I have no personal stake in any sides there may be on the matter. Just trying to understand.

      Thanks,

      Dave

      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, Dave @¿@¬ <dnaess@...> wrote:

      > Howdy!
      >
      > New Skete in Cambridge, NY is having a "Vocation Week" June 1 - 7.
      >
      > See the New Skete site:
      > http://www.newskete.com/
      >
      > for more information.
      >
      > I have contacted them and will be talking to Br. Christopher
      > this week. I am anticipating a week of learning that will
      > answer a lot more questions than my past weekend jaunts to
      > a monostary with "a bunch of Orthodox folks out for a jolly
      > holiday" ever did.
      >
      > Dave

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic