100[LutheransLookingEast] Re: Just Joined

    Apr 25 6:33 AM
      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, Anastasia Theodoridis
      <anastasiatheo01@...> wrote:

      > But they are not my Maker, my Redeemer, my Judge, my God.
      >
      > In my experience, Orthodoxy keeps all this in proper perspective.
      Attendance at her services will allow a person to see this very
      clearly. Even the Paraclesis and the Akathist are Christ-centered,
      once you analyze the actual language. Mary is always venerated in her
      role *relative to Christ*, and never for herself alone. She is called
      the Table upon which the Divine Banquet is spread, or the
      Light-bearing cloud, the plant bringing forth the most precious Fruit,
      the Ladder by which Christ entered into the world, etc.

      > Anastasia

      Here is a translation of the Little Paraklesis (Supplicatory Canon) to
      the Theotokos:

      http://www.anastasis.org.uk/lit-parak.htm

      There is also a huge differentiation in Orthodoxy between the
      Uncreated and the created. The primary difference between us and God
      is not that He is perfect, sinless, omnipotent, omniscient, etc. it is
      that He is without beginning and Uncreated.