It's been 20 years since Brooksie passed away

  • olive_e_thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2005
      It's been 20 years since Brooksie passed away (August 8 1985).
    • Alejandro Cruz
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
        there's something new about her in the group?
        Ale

        olive_e_thomas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> escribió:
        It's been 20 years since Brooksie passed away (August 8 1985).

        ---------------------------------

      • olive_e_thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
          --- In Lulu-In-Cyberspace@yahoogroups.com, Alejandro Cruz
          <efra84ar@y...> wrote:
          > there's something new about her in the group?
          > Ale

          Well there was the Lulupalooza film festival last July and this
          month one of Louise's films is slated to appear as part of a
          Sounds of Silents film festival in Michigan...

          http://www.vickerstheatre.com/page6.html
        • dasimperator
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
            <efra84ar@y...> wrote:
            > there's something new about her in the group?
            > Ale

            There's this from the Louise Brooks Society...

            Next year marks the Louise Brooks centennial. And next year, fans
            should see the release of not only one, but probably two and possibly
            three (did anyone say four?) new books on Louise Brooks! I can't say
            much more, as I really don't know much more. I have only heard rumors,
            and rumors of rumors.... Watch the LBS blog at
            www.livejournal.com/users/louisebrooks/ for further details and news.

            This week, Beggars of Life will be screened as part of the Harbor
            County "Sounds of Silents Film Festival." The William Wellman directed
            film will be shown outside, on August 12th at 9:00 pm, in Dewey Canyon
            Park in Three Oaks, Michigan. (Three Oaks is located in Southwest part
            of the Wolverine state.) Admission is $10.00. Blue Dahlia, a
            Kalamazoo-based musical group, will be performing their original score
            for the film. For more info see www.vickerstheatre.com/page6.html And
            on Friday, September 23, It's the Old Army Game will be screened as
            part of the The 13th Annual Buster Keaton Celebration in Iola, Kansas.
            See http://69.150.100.5/keaton/prog05.htm for details.