DVD of all my Louise Brooks movies to anyone willing to record this for me!

  • olive_e_thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004
      Overland Stage Raiders to be broadcast this December!

      Louise Brooks' last film, Overland Stage Raiders (1938), will be
      broadcast in theÊUnited StatesÊon the STARZ Westerns cable
      station on December 8th at 1:15 pm, and again on December
      21st atÊ4:30 pm and December 28th atÊ4:00 am. ItÊwill alsoÊbe
      shown onÊthe MOVIEplex cable station on December 8th at 2:15
      pm. Consult your local listing for further deatils.

      Overland Stage Raiders (1938) is not a great film, but is worth
      seeing because Louise Brooks is featured in it.ÊThough she
      then sported a brushed-back 1930's hairstyle (and not her
      trademark bob), she still looked quite lovely at age 31. The film
      isÊapproximately 55 minutes long, and is considered part of the
      "Three Mesquiteers" series. Brooks co-stars along with John
      Wayne, Ray CorriganÊand MaxÊTerhune.

      Interestingly, because it starred John Wayne (before he made it
      big in the movies), this otherwise b-grade picture has
      occassionally beenÊshown theatrically in the United States in the
      decades since its release. These screenings tool place in the
      1940's and 1950's. The film was also shown on television in the
      1970's. I wonder how many viewers then recognized the once
      and future Lulu?

      I have Beggers of Life, The Show Off, Pandora's Box & Diary of a
      Lost Girl. Will transfer all for to a DVD and throw in a copy of E!'s
      Hollywood Mysteries & Scandals - Louise Brooks if it fits.