Jello Cake

  • glassmurf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2004
      Jello Cake
      from DidiCoffeeGirl at lavidalowcarb.com

      5 eggs
      1 c butter room temp.
      2 c almond flour
      1/3 C Eas Whey Protein Powder
      1 tsp baking powder
      1 c splenda
      1.5 tsp vanilla

      1 pkg sf jello any kind

      *after
      1 c heavy cream *
      2 T splenda*
      .5 tsp vanilla*

      Preheat oven to 350
      Mix the dry ingredients (not including splenda) together, set aside.
      Beat the eggs w/ splenda (and butter), add
      the 1.5 tsp of vanilla, once beaten well, add the dry ingredients...
      and beat w/ mixer till a soft dough is aquired.
      Grease a 13 X 9 pan, and spread the dough. Bake 20-25 minutes, or
      till tested done. (lightly golden).
      Let sit for a few minutes.
      Meanwhile, mix the jello w/ 1 c. boiling how water, and stir well.
      Poke holes thru the cake, and pour the jello liquid over the entire cake.
      Put in refrigerator and let cool for few hours.
      Once cooled, and jelled thru. Beat the heavy cream w/ splenda &
      vanilla, till thick, and frost the top part of cake.

      This cake is so pretty, I made the "basic variation" to keep the
      carbs low, but you can def. add fresh fruit if you like.

      Servings: 18 (Vered thinks it makes 10)
      Calories: 136, Carbs 5g, Fiber 1g, (ecc 4g) per generous slice.

      Vered's comments: I put a layer of jello (after letting it cool a
      bit to become more solid) on top of the jello cake and THEN a layer
      of whipped cream. Yum.