Fauxtmeal

  • LowCarbRecipeBox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2011

      Fauxtmeal

      Serves 1

      INGREDIENTS
      • 1/4 cup flax meal, preferably golden flax meal
      • 1/4 cup TVP
      • 1 raw egg white or 2 Tbs liquid egg white or egg substitute
      • 1/2 scoop (I used a level 25cc scoop) of protein powder
      • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1/2 cup water
      • Seasonings of choice (I used lots of pumpkin pie spice and a drop of vanilla extract)
      • Stevia if you are using unsweetened protein powder
      DIRECTIONS
      Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Serve immediately. I topped mine with Greek yogurt, blueberries, and almonds.

      NUTRITION
      331 calories, 11g fat (about 7 grams of which is omega-3s), 5g net carbs (18g carbs + 13g fiber), 35g protein

      If you would like to request a recipe from the LowCarbRecipeBox,
      click here ~~>  I have a Recipe Request!