COCONUT CHOCOLATE PROTEIN SQUARES

  • LowCarbRecipeBox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2010

      COCONUT CHOCOLATE PROTEIN SQUARES (GF)

      Hmm, these are so good and good for you! Enjoy indulging every day without guilt. Great fiber! The coconut oil controls weight because it speeds metabolism and controls Candida.

      1/3 cup coconut oil
      1/4 cup whipping cream
      2 tbsp Da Vinci® Sugar Free Syrup
      (I used Macadamia Nut), OR sugar free Pancake syrup
      1 tbsp butter
      1 cup chocolate whey protein
      2/3 cup powdered milk
      1/2 cup cocoa
      1/2 cup powdered erythritol
      1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut (divided)

      In food processor, process coconut oil, whipping cream, Da Vinci® Sugar Free Syrup, butter, chocolate whey protein, powdered milk, cocoa and erythritol. Stir in 3/4 cup coconut. Press into lightly greased (spray bottom of pan lightly with Pam) 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining coconut over top and press coconut into mixture with back of a soup or dessert spoon. Freeze until firm and refrigerate

      Helpful Hint: This is quite a fudge-like confection and I love the combo of coconut and chocolate. It was sweet enough for me, but YMMV. You could add the contents of a couple of Splenda packets, if desired – taste and see. It’s hard to believe that this confection is actually good for you. Don’t have an ounce of guilt over this one!

      This confection could be cut into 8 bars – as in protein bars - and carried in a plastic baggie in your purse. It will be a little softer, but you could always mitigate that by adding a couple tablespoons more of the whey protein or leave out a tablespoon of the sugar free syrup.

      Nutritional Analysis: 32 squares (8 x 4)
      1 square: 74.4 calories; 3.4 g protein; 6.1 g fat; 1.5 g carbs

      If you would like to request a recipe from the LowCarbRecipeBox,
      click here ~~>  I have a Recipe Request!