Low Carb Chocolates

  • LowCarbRecipeBox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2010
      Low Carb Chocolates (with variations)

      4 squares unsweetened chocolate
      1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
      1/2 cup coconut oil
      1/2 cup sweetener (xylitol or erythritol suggested)
      20 drops vanilla stevia

      Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat. Stir in cocoa powder and sweeteners until well combined. Pour into molds or candy cups. Let harden in freezer or refrigerator.

      Variations:
      1. Candy cane--add crushed sugarfree candy canes or peppermints and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

      2. Coconut Almond--add 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut and 1/4 cup chopped almonds

      3. Mr. Goodbar -- add 1/2 cup chopped peanuts

      4. Peanut butter -- add 2 Tablespoons of powdered peanut butter (PB2 brand tested)

      Warning for you milk chocolate devotees. This is more of a dark chocolate. I happen to be in the minority that prefers dark chocolate. You might try adding some cream or coconut butter to lighten it up, but I just don't feel the need! This could be easily used to coat nuts, for dipping cookies or strawberries, whatever you would use melted chocolate for. No need to be deprived, or pay the super high prices for sugar free chocolate chips. This is easy and quick. If you have unrefined coconut oil, there will be a slight coconut flavor. If you don't want any of that taste, I used the LouAna brand from Walmart.