Lemon Coconut Cookies

  • LowCarbRecipeBox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2010

      Lemon Coconut Cookies

      First of all, these cookies smelled really really good. Like macaroons. And they tasted really really REALLY good. I’m pretty proud of them. They might not be as low carb (I didn’t do the carb count, sorry!) but it has no flour and sugar and it tastes like a real cookie and that’s good enough for me. I even asked our turkey, Percival to report on how good these cookies are. Come in, Percival!

      Percival the Turkey: What am I supposed to say?

      Me: Tell them how good the cookies smelled while baking.

      Percival the Turkey: The cookies smelled REALLY good while baking.

      Me: That was convincing.

      Percival the Turkey: You’re welcome.

      Lemon Coconut Cookies

      (Adapted from this recipe at joyfulabode.com)

      Ingredients

      100 grams cashews

      Scant cup of dessicated coconut *

      4 Tablespoons Splenda, granulated **

      10 scoops Stevia powder ***

      1/2 teaspoon baking powder

      Juice of one lemon

      1 egg

      dash of vanilla extract

      Ingredient notes:

      *Basically, I poured the cashews into a one cup measure and took note of how much it was. Then I just used the same amount of coconut.

      ** and *** My cookies turned out really sweet, which I like. My suggestion would be to add a little bit of sweetener of your choice and taste the dough BEFORE adding the egg.

      Directions

      1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

      2. Using a food processor or a hand blender, grind cashews and coconut together until coarse. In a mixing bowl, blend the cashew and coconut mixture with the sweeteners, baking powder, lemon juice and extract. Make sure that there are no lumps and everything is mixed in well. Taste. If it’s not sweet enough, adjust your sweeteners.

      3. Add the beaten egg into the mixture and stir until blended. Spoon mixture onto prepared cookie sheet. I divided the dough into 12 but you can make these smaller to get more cookies with lower carb count apiece.

      4. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until the edges are brown. Remove from oven and cool. Enjoy.

      Lemon Coconut Cookies « Low Carb Pinay

      If you would like to request a recipe from the LowCarbRecipeBox,
      click here ~~>  I have a Recipe Request!