Jacked-Up Low Carb Cauliflower Bake

  • LowCarbRecipeBox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2010
      Wifezilla's Jacked-up Low Carb Cauliflower Bake

      1 large head of fresh cauliflower
      8 oz cream cheese
      1 cup Monterey jack cheese - shredded
      1 2-oz stick pepperoni - chopped
      2 tsp pepper
      2 tsp salt
      1 tsp cayenne pepper
      1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese

      Chop and steam cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with a little water in the bottom (about 20 minutes on high power). While cauliflower is steaming, gently heat pepperoni in a small frying pan. Cook until lightly browned on the edges of the pieces. After cauliflower is steamed, drain off water and either mash or shred with a hand mixer. (If you like, you can put in a food processor to make it really smooth. I just hit it with the blender and didn't care that there were some small chunks.) Add cooked pepperoni pieces, 1 cup Monteray Jack cheese, and spices and mix well. Place in a loaf pan or cassarole dish. Top with shredded pepper jack cheese. Bake until cheese on the top is melted and slightly browned.

      This recipe should work equally well with frozen cauliflower and that may even make your mashing job easier. If your family hasn't snatched all the bacon, go ahead and use that instead of the pepperoni. This is a great side dish for beef or poultry. Since my guys liked it so much, maybe the promise of future batches of Jacked Up Cauliflower might get them to leave the bacon alone.

      Recipe: Jacked-Up Low Carb Cauliflower Bake - Denver Low Carb | Examiner.com

      If you would like to request a recipe from the LowCarbRecipeBox,
      click here ~~>  I have a Recipe Request!