Devilled Eggs

  • LowCarbRecipeBox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      Devilled Eggs

      In the 1800s, Devilled meant spicy. This devilled egg recipe is great for an appetizer or to bring to a pot-luck, and it’s perfect for Atkins and low carb diets!

      Ingredients:

      6 eggs, hard boiled
      1/4 cup mayonnaise
      1/2 tsp dry mustard
      1/2 tsp salt
      1/4 tsp pepper
      1/4 tsp paprika

      I realize that you have to “cook” eggs but you can buy them hard boiled.

      Also, a microwave boiler works in 6 minutes and is very easy!

      Peel the eggs and cut each in half the long way. Pop all of the yolks into a mixing bowl and add in the mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well with a fork. Use an icing dispenser to squeeze the mixture back into the eggs in a pretty shape. I like using the star nozzle. Sprinkle the paprika on top, and enjoy!

      Devilled eggs are one of my favorite appetizers of all time, and I’m thrilled that this is a low carb diet-friendly food!

      Servings: 2 (6 halves)
      Carbs per serving: 2.5g

      If you would like to request a recipe from the LowCarbRecipeBox,
      click here ~~>  I have a Recipe Request!