Cheesecake (No Bake)

  • LowCarbRecipeBox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2010

      Cheesecake (No Bake)

      O.k...here we go! The Basic Low Carb (No Bake) Cheesecake

      1 C heavy cream (6g)
      1/2 C sour cream (5g)
      4 tsp vanilla flavored s/f pudding mix (6g)
      1 pkg softened cream cheese (8g)
      1 pk Knox unflavored gelatine
      1 egg yolk
      1 C artificial sweetener (I used 1 tsp of stevia glycerite, no carbs!)
      1 tsp vanilla extract
      1/2 C boiling water

      The Crust:
      3/4 C almond flour (6g)
      3 T flax meal
      6 T melted butter
      1 tsp reg table salt
      1 tsp cinnamon
      1/3 C splenda

      Topping:
      1 Cup heavy cream (whipped)

      Directions for the Crust: Mix and pour into well greased cheesecake pan, press into bottom and bake at 375 for approximately 10-13 minutes (until browned). This makes a THICK crust (I prefer it thin, my husband prefers it thick). You can alter to fit your like.

      Directions:
      *Place cream cheese in the mico to soften, meanwhile, in a glass measuring cup, add the SF jello to the 1/2 cup boiling water, whisk until dissolved. Next place the softened cream cheese in large bowl, and add the vanilla (s.f) pudding & mix, vanilla extract and sweetener. Mix.

      *Next add the egg yolk & sour cream: mix well.

      *Gradually add the dissolved jello. The mixture will be quite watery.

      *In another bowl, whip the 1 C heavy cream until peaks form. Add to the cream cheese mixture.

      *Pour into your baked crust. Place in fridge (I place in freezer for 30 minutes or so before I transfer to the fridge).

      *Cut and serve with a dollop of whip cream! (Before cutting, take your other 1 C of heavy cream and whip into whip cream...I add a few drops of stevia t/sweeten just a bit).

      The original is a little different. You can find the original by clicking here.

      If you use the cup of splenda, you're adding 24g of carbs. However if you don't do the crust and stick to a sugar free gelatine (as the original calls for), you're saving quite a bit of carbs.

      The way I have it listed, you're looking at 5g carbs per slice (that's w/a crust and topping)! I use a cheesecake spring pan (8 slices) and the pieces are very satisfying.

      If you would like to request a recipe from the LowCarbRecipeBox,
      click here ~~>  I have a Recipe Request!