PIMIENTO CHEESE II

  • LowCarbRecipeBox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2010
      PIMIENTO CHEESE II

      8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded *
      1/2 cup mayonnaise
      1 tablespoon white vinegar
      1 tablespoon granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
      Dash cayenne
      1 tablespoon grated onion, about 1/2 ounce
      4 ounces roasted red peppers, finely chopped

      In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, Splenda, cayenne and onion. Add the cheese and red peppers; mix well then chill a couple hours before serving.

      Makes almost 2 cups

      * I recommend shredding the cheese with a hand grater rather than a food processor (see my comments below).

      Per 2 Tablespoons: 109 Calories; 10g Fat; 4g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
      Per 1/4 cup: 218 Calories; 20g Fat; 7g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

      I like this better than the other Pimiento Cheese recipe that I made a few years ago. However, I made the mistake of making this in my food processor and it didn't come out with quite the right texture. The problem was that I used my food processor to shred the cheese which made shreds that were much too large. To break them up, I inserted the chopping blade and processed everything until very fine. Real pimiento cheese should be chunky with shreds that are visible in the finished product. Mine is fine though. It just looks a little odd. It was also kind of runny at first but it set up nicely after a couple hours in the fridge.

      Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

      If you would like to request a recipe from the LowCarbRecipeBox,
      click here ~~>  I have a Recipe Request!