Hi Pete

  • John Novak
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2012
      I joined recently and am not a  vegetarian or vegan. I spent 18 months in Viet Nam and became what I hated. I ran into a man
      called http://www.qhpress.org/texts/dymond/about_jd.html Jonathan Dymond, he's a Quaker and his writing about Christianity and war and his writings againist the "just war theroy", below is a small sample.
      We refer, then, first, to the general nature of Christianity, because we think that, if there were no other evidence against the lawfulness of war, we should possess, in that general nature, sufficient proof that it is virtually forbidden.
      That the whole character and spirit of our religion are eminently and peculiarly peaceful, and that it is opposed, in all its principles, to carnage and devastation, cannot be disputed