Re: Bible Christians

  • jeff@yogabodywork.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2012

      Cowherd and the bible Christians are mentioned in both  Colin Spencer's excellent history of vegetarianism "The Heretic's Feast" and Tristam Stuart's equally interesting tome 'The Bloodless Revolution. Not sure if there are digital versions.

      Jeff Linn

      Sensory perception... is the silken web that binds our separate nervous systems into the encompassing ecosystem.
      David Abram

      On 06.01.2012 04:45am, Adam Clark wrote:

      It appears a Christian vegetarian sect were the pioneers of UK and US vegetarianism in the early 1800's:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Christian_Church_%28vegetarian%29

    • Adam Clark
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2012
        Thanks Jeff for the recommendations.

        All the best for 2012.

        --- In Lost_Religion_of_Jesus@yahoogroups.com, jeff@... wrote:

        > Cowherd and the bible Christians are mentioned in both Colin
        > Spencer's excellent history of vegetarianism "The Heretic's Feast" and
        > Tristam Stuart's equally interesting tome 'The Bloodless Revolution. Not
        > sure if there are digital versions.
        >
        > Jeff Linn
        >
        > Sensory perception...
        > is the silken web that binds our separate nervous systems into the
        > encompassing ecosystem.
        > _David Abram_
        >
        > On 06.01.2012 04:45am, Adam
        > Clark wrote:
        >
        > > It appears a Christian vegetarian sect were the
        > pioneers of UK and US vegetarianism in the early 1800's:
        > >

        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Christian_Church_%28vegetarian%29
      • Andre de Raaij
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2012
          The Wikipedia lemma directs the reader to this online book
          http://www.ivu.org/history/usa19/history_of_bible_christian_church.pdf

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2012
            And isn't it ironic, don't you think...

            http://www.phillyinfocus.com/2012/03/15/it-happened-3rd-girard/