Books on Christian anarchism

  • Adam Clark
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
      Dear all,

      Here are a list of books that, in my opinion, best exemplify Christian anarchism:

      http://amzn.com/lm/R2RAA2E4UYEGEG

      Feel free to comment/disagree.

      God bless,

      Adam
    • Jennifer Lipka
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2011
        Good list; I personally really like the autobiographical "confessionals", like Annon Hennacy's Autobiography of a Catholic Anarchist and Tolstoy's A Confession; I also really love Nikolai Berdyaev's Freedom and Spirit, but I think that is drifting more into Christian existentialism.

        Peace!
        Jennifer Lipka

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2011
          Having "discovered" Berdyaev just the other day I can honestly say he is definitely a Christian anarchist... Have to read Freedom and Spirit soon...
          Cheers,
          André

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2011
            When I read Freedom and Spirit I feel like I am touching God because Berdyaev radiates his touching God in every word.  Freedom and Spirit is REALLY GOOD.  You'll love it, Andre!

            Peace!

            Jennifer Lipka

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 18 10:09 AM
              An article I'm working on (this is more like a draft) about the progression of the State throughout biblical history. I've read and argued with theologians that there is no endorsement or sphere of Authority for the Church or State anywhere in the Bible. Some of the verses often quoted by those who believe that the State is a legitimate sphere of authority merely acknowledges it's existence...anyways, let me know what you think.

              http://therustedsword.blogspot.com/2012/03/progression-of-state-throughout.html